Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Local Ruminations

All right, we're back online. We've had some problems with the local cable/internet providers. And I thought it was just the morons back home that were hard to deal with. Quick synopsis: hooked up cable on Monday afternoon; Monday evening it goes down; Tuesday 5 technicians show up to fix problem; Tuesday afternoon cable is back; Tuesday evening internet goes out; today internet back up; we'll see how long this lasts. The local company said that they hope we didn't get a bad first impression. Hmm.

Yesterday we went to the Yellowstone river and forced our dog to learn how to swim. Of course he is a natural. He's also very adept at finding dead fish and rubbing himself in it. Made for a good car ride. I'm glad when I walk down the street I don't see people laying on the ground and rubbing the scent of discarded fast food wrappers on themselves. Although, all of the college kids arrive next week.

Tonight we are going to find what out what Bozeman BBQ tastes like. From what I've heard we are in for disappointment. We did, however, bring two bottles of Oklahoma Joes sauce, so I might have to sneak one in just in case.
Here's a wildlife picture for you. The biggest grasshopper I've ever seen. When it flies it sounds like a helicopter. Seriously. This thing is at least 3-4 inches long. I saw a pack of them take down a baby elk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Moosey and Lucy! I'm sure dead fish smells worse than rough stuff in the back yard...

Wooden Soul said...

Holly Crap that's a big grass muncher! Do you even buy dog food or just let them munch on the radiation mutated insects?